9 easy ways to discover the best gold or silver IRA COMpany …
With the uncertainty of modern life encroaching further each day, it is time to look at viable alternatives to paper assets of all types especially currency.
As you may be aware I have been advancing the importance of owning precious metals, particularly gold and silver, for a number of years now. Even before I started this website to promote them, I was aware that the gold industry, as a whole, had a problem.
By its very nature, gold attracts its fair share of crooks and scammers. It has always been open to abuse – since the time of the Pharaohs, and the Romans, right up to the California gold rush and beyond. Even governments have tried to scam their own people, by trying to “confiscate” gold and other precious metals.
My dilemma then – when setting up my company – was finding a gold firm which was trustworthy and reliable. I wanted one which had the background knowledge to backup their recommendations, and their strategies, which was open to questions, and had transparency in the way in which they conducted business.
My list of criteria covered nine areas.
- I wanted value for my readers – so I wanted to be sure that they were paying a fair price in terms of the commissions, charges, and buyback value that they would get, should they want to sell their precious metals.
- They had to be the best choice over all the other choices out there. This decision was a mix of the other eight reasons really – as well as a gut feeling.
- I had to be comfortable that the company was not just a sales pitch masquerading as advice. Many of the companies that I contacted got back to me, sometimes within minutes, so desperate were they to sell me something. This was not what I wanted for my visitors. I wanted considered and structured advice based on their own personal circumstances. Sometimes, timing means waiting for the right opportunity to come along – not just jumping in – because everybody else is.
- Were they safe to deal with? By this, I wanted to make sure that they left a margin of error on the table. I did not want them insisting that readers put every spare cent they have into precious metals – leaving them nothing for those emergencies we all face from time to time.
- I wanted my visitors to have personalised advice – not a series of sales steps on a script which they applied to everybody. I wanted the company to have in-depth involvement if they were going to be offering life-changing advice, on decisions they wanted my readers to take. For example, there is a lot of excitement and press coverage at the moment about Bitcoin. For those of you who do not know a lot about the ins and outs of this cryptocurrency – indeed any cryptocurrency – it would be useful to have and objective opinion as to whether it would be a useful addition to your financial armory, and how you may be able to take advantage of it.
- I needed to be sure that the people who would be dealing with my visitors were people they felt comfortable with, and could relate to. I wanted to know what type of customers they dealt with, and what type of results they achieved for them. It wasn’t simply about selling something, then walking away. Did they treat other details, like how you would look after your metals after you bought them, as seriously as the sale?
- The advisors, dealing with my readers, had to have the experience and knowledge of finance and investments, which enabled them to make objective and sound recommendations, about areas which might be unfamiliar to my visitors and, about which, they might feel uncomfortable. Not only did they need this knowledge, but they also needed to convey it to my readers, in a way that they understood – and also allowed them to question and clarify any points they were not happy with. Should you pick gold or silver, for example, or have a mix of both? This is something which could need explaining by somebody you feel comfortable with and who is well informed, and current.
- Honesty was also a prime concern. I had to make sure that the basic ethos, and the way the company approached their precious metal business, was beyond reproach. When it comes to IRAs and 401(k) rollovers, for example, you are dealing with large sums of money – money which cannot be replaced – and represents a lifetime of earnings, in most cases.You need to be sure that you can trust the people dealing with it implicitly.
- Lastly, but probably most importantly, I needed to be sure that the company was authentic. The list of people that have been caught out by firms with clever front end marketing ploys, are endless. Foremost, on my list of requirements, was checking out the back stories and information on websites and in publicity. Nothing short of 100% would do for this.
I must have looked at over 300 companies in the end – and it came down to a shortlist of seven. I closely interviewed these seven, and for various reasons – track record, reviews, and things that just weren’t quite right.
Finally, I narrowed it down to three. All three were good. But good, wasn’t quite good enough. I wanted excellent.
In Pasadena, California, I discovered my gem. Noble Gold Investments.
A small, personable, company, run by two long-standing friends and colleagues, who decided to create something different when they set the company up, Noble Gold ticked all of my boxes. Ethical, knowledgeable, trustworthy, with a great service ethos towards their clients, they seemed the perfect choice.
I spoke, at length, to both Collin Plume, the president of the company, and Charles Thorngren the CEO, and quizzed them on many aspects of the precious metals industry; probing their knowledge and insights of both the current, future, and past aspects of investing in gold and silver – and I have to say, I was impressed.
I wanted to find out what other people thought as well though. A quick look at the Noble Gold reviews on TrustLink, Consumer Affairs, and the Better Business Bureau, confirmed my findings – and my faith in the team that Collin Plume and Charles Thorngren have put together in Pasadena.
I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the services that Noble Gold offers to my readers.
If you have been considering alternatives to your current retirement plans – or just looking around for new ideas to make the best of your money – the team at Noble Gold would be my first choice …